How To Sell
“The Superior Way”
Superior has created a national livestock market where prices are discovered, through competitive bidding, without regard to local climate conditions or demand. Through its nationwide marketing network, Superior Livestock Auction can serve sellers and buyers throughout the United States.
Cattle are sold on contract for immediate to future delivery, whichever meets your needs and market expectations. Unlike conventional marketing methods, you have the opportunity to offer your cattle, at auction, to over 8,500 registered buyers while still at your farm or ranch and shown in their natural surroundings.
To begin the process, visit our Find a Representative page and search for the representative or representatives nearest you. Or, you can call the Fort Worth, Texas office at 800.422.2117 or the Brush, Colorado office at 800.523.6610 and the staff will assist you in finding a representative near you.
You have three options in marketing
“The Superior Way”
- Video Auctions
- Internet Auctions
- Country Page
Superior has an auction every other Friday and Country Page sales daily. The Video Auctions are broadcast live on Dish Network channel 232 and the internet from Superior’s office and studio in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards every other week during the majority of the year. From June through September, Superior conducts multiple day regional auctions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Winnemucca, Nevada, Sheridan, Wyoming and Denver, Colorado. Cattle are offered for sale on the Country Page every day of the week.
When you consign your cattle, a Superior Representative will come to your farm or ranch to film your cattle and prepare a consignment contract describing the cattle and stating the terms and conditions of the sale. This information is printed in a sale catalog that is available for buyers to view in print or online.
If you choose to sell on a Video Auction the catalog is mailed or emailed to potential buyers one week prior to the auction. It is also available on the internet a week prior to the auction. The film is edited for broadcast on sale day and is also available on the internet for buyers to view the cattle prior to the auction.
If you choose to sell on an Internet Auction, the catalog and video is available on the internet or by email two days prior to the auction.
If you choose to sell your cattle on the Country Page the catalog and video are available on the internet to buyers the day you list them for sale.
Following the sale of your cattle, the Superior Representative will coordinate the delivery details between you and the buyer. The Superior Representative will be at the delivery to supervise the sorting and loading of the cattle and to issue you a check from Superior Livestock Auction’s Bonded Custodial Account.
Advantages of Selling
“The Superior Way”
- Cattle are sold while still at the farm or ranch.
- Cattle are shown to buyers in their natural surroundings.
- There is no added stress on the cattle, therefore, less shrink.
- Cattle are presented to over 8,500 registered buyers.
- Sellers can establish a reputation for their cattle on a national market.
- Sellers can take advantage of “Value Added” programs which generate premiums for their cattle.
- Sellers do not have the expense of trucking.
- Sellers determine the weighing conditions.
- Sellers can sell on contract for future delivery and take advantage of current market conditions.
- Sellers deal directly with the Superior Representative.
- Sellers are paid for their cattle by Superior Livestock Auction through a Bonded Custodial Account.